Today, I woke up excited for the new year. I know–it’s November and there are still holidays left to celebrate.
I can’t put my finger on why I was jubilant on this particular morning however I know there is so much to look forward to. Here are a few:
1. Going somewhere new. Hubby and I choose a different city/state and hopefully soon, country to go to for our anniversary in lieu of gifts.
2. I am going to a Broadway show in New York again and I am determined to see an Alvin Ailey show there in 2019, too.
3. My digital story, along with the other women who participated in the University of Alabama Digital Storytelling Workshop for Women of Color will have our work published in Liminalities.
4. 2019 will be the year I dance consistently as part of a class. I have never felt as strongly as I do now that I need to have something just for me, something I commit to, just for me.
5. Finishing my novel. I have talked about this at length before. This will be my year. That’s all there is to it.
What are you looking forward to in 2019?