This morning our family gathered for breakfast and opening of presents. I decided to look up vegan breakfast options that aren’t smoothies/oatmeals. We found the Chickpea Flour Omelette recipe from strengthandsunshine.com.
- ¼ Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 TB Nutritional Yeast
- ½ Tsp Baking Power
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric
- ½ Tsp Chopped Chives or ¼ Tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
- ¼ Cup + 1 TB Water
- Handful of any Leafy Greens (torn with hands)
- Any other veggies or filling you want!
- Optional Toppings:Salsa, Ketchup, Hot Sauce, Parsley, etc.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the greens and optional veggies.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Add more water if too thick. It should be pancake batter consistency (but not too runny).
- Meanwhile, heat a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, pour the batter in the pan like you’re making a pancake. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for 3 minutes until the edges dry and bubbles form on the surface.
- Now add the greens and/or veggies to one half of the omelette and take a spatula to fold the omelette over in half and cook uncovered for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a plate before topping with ketchup, salsa, hot sauce, etc.!
We used the Follow Your Heart brand for the egg replacer and used salsa on top. Next time, a little more salt and green peppers will be added. The consistency reminded me more of a Southwestern chickpea flour cake than an omelette. I was happy to have this option and will cook again soon.
That omelette was good darling. We have to have this again and add more veggies to it.
LikeLiked by 1 person