Kristina Cotis Hamlett
I am a blogger, writer and speaker whose primary focus is on the journey of writing, including creative non-fiction, poetry and inspirational pieces about mindset, consistency and wellness.
She Lives Here is a collection of poetry and prose to be released in March of 2021 with L10 Press. It is Issue 2 of Unzipped, a literary subscription service.
- “What I Love About You: A Guided Journal to Writing Your Proposal and Vows”- February 2018
This E-Book journal is a series of reflective writing prompts and quotes developed to help people craft a proposal, write their vows or love letters.
- kristinahamlett.com May 2017-Present
I created this space to document my writing and wellness journey, specifically through the lens of someone who has adopted a plant-based diet. I share the posts on all of my social media platforms: Instagram: @kristinahamlett, Twitter: @Stinahamlett and on Facebook: Kristina Cotis Hamlett. There are creative non-fiction pieces, writing career updates, plant-based recipes and inspirational posts with a focus on mindset and consistency with writing.
Creative Non-Fiction-Life in 10 Minutes
- Whole Black Self- June 2020
- Happy Anniversary– August 2017
- Second Church–April 2017
- A Time Gone By–February 2017
- Yellow Dress–February 2017
- I am not a walking color.-January 2017
- A Walking Color– Liminalities. Issue. 15.4 October 2019
- Brightest Hope-wellintolife.com-September 26, 2018
- Going Vegan: Here are 3 Tips for Your Plant-Based Journey!-30seconds.com-June 2018
- A Helping Hand-mitchell-productions.com-January 2018
- My Experience at 2017 Pop-Up Conference-mitchell-productions.com-December 2017
- More than Skin Deep: Resilience in the Face of Health Challenges-com-Sept 2017
- My Best Medicine: A 10k Story-kimberlyelise.com-July 2016
- Musings on my 2nd James River Writers Conference–The Churchill Newsletter-December 2017
- Editing promotional material for Change International-May 2018
- A.I.M.I.N.G. HIGH mentorship program pamphlet-September 2015
- Abstract, transcription and biography for the audio recording “A Woman’s Anatomy” by Alice Freeman-March 2011
- Speaker-Riverside Young Writers- “My Life As a Blogger”-June 2, 2018
- Panelist-James River Writers January Writing Show- A 2018 Creative Plan: Scheduling, Motivating & Organizing Your Writing Life-January 2018
- Speaker-RVA Lit Crawl-April 21, 2017
- Presenter at the August Wilson Symposium at Howard University-“The African-American Experience: An Interdisciplinary Examination of Five Plays by August Wilson”-April 9, 2005
- Life in 10 Minutes Teaching Facilitation Workshop- November 2019
- Life in 10 Minutes Workshop-March 2018-April 2018 and January-April 2017
- Pens Up, Fears Down Writing Workshop-April 2017-June 2017
- James River Writers-November 2017-Present
HONORS AND AWARDS
- The Storyteller Project: Digital Storytelling for Women of Color-University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa-October 5th-7th-I was among 15 women selected in the country to create short form stories using writing, narration, images, artwork and video edited into a five-minute story to be presented as part of the The Storyteller Research Project.
- Bachelor of Science-Cum Laude, Psychology; Minor: Religion -Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA – May 2005